Liquitex: Modeling Paste – Gel Medium (237ml)
Liquitex Gel Mediums add body to thinner paint for impasto techniques as well as extending color volume and adding transparency. Gels also add “open time” as they tend to dry slower than thinner paint films. Gel mediums can modify acrylic paints in a variety of ways and, since they contain acrylic resins, tend to improve adhesion and durability
- Extra heavy body and very opaque.
- A marble paste made of marble dust and 100% polymer emulsion.
- Used to build heavy textures on rigid supports and create three-dimensional forms.
- Dries to the hardness of stone. It can be sanded or carved when thoroughly dry.
- Can be handled like clay if the top of the container is removed and some of the water is allowed to slowly evaporate until it reaches a clay-like consistency.
- Adheres to any non-oily, absorbent surface.
- Drying too quickly causes mud cracking that is usually cosmetic, not structural.
- When mixed with acrylic colors will act as a weak tinting white, while increasing thickness and rigidity.
- Excellent substrate for acrylic paint, oil paint, oil pastel, oil bars, watercolor, graphite or dry pastel.
- Type: Gel Painting Medium
- Texture: Thick
- Sheen: Matte
- Relative Opacity: Opaque