Liquitex: Matte Varnish (237ml)
There are many misconceptions about whether or not it is necessary to varnish an acrylic painting. As a general rule, you should always varnish your acrylic work when possible. Varnishes are applied over dry paint films and have several purposes. The first and most important function is to protect the painting surface from the environment and protect the pigments from ultraviolet light. Secondly, varnishes can be used to change or unify a painting’s surface sheen. Liquitex varnishes come in several different sheens, which can all be intermixed for a customised sheen.
- Water-based Technology
- Translucent when wet, clear when dry
- Low Odor
- Permanent and Durable
- Resists discoloring (non-yellowing, non-fogging) due to humidity, heat and ultraviolet light.
- Can be used with Spray Paint, Heavy Body, Soft Body
- Dry to a non-tacky, hard, flexible surface that is resistant to dirt retention
- Hard, archival, non-yellowing and water resistant when dry
- Protects acrylic color from harsh elements
- For interior and exterior use
- Type: Permanent Varnish
- Texture: Fluid
- Sheen: Matte
- Relative Opacity:Transparent when dry