Liquitex: Surface Prep Medium – Clear Gesso (237ml)
Liquitex Clear Acrylic Gesso seals, primes and adds tooth while leaving the surface visible, and can be used not only for acrylic colours but also oils, oil pastels, graphite and charcoal.
Usual choices include canvas, wood, paper and metal, but it’s also an excellent primer for mural work and just about any non-oily surface will take it. With just a single coat it dries to a clear and flexible matt finish, but you can apply further coats to reduce the visibility of your working surface, or mix with a dab of translucent acrylic colour to tint.
- A very clear size and ground that keeps the working surface visible.
- Ideal high tooth for pastel, oil pastel, graphite, and charcoal
- Excellent ground for acrylic and oil paint
- Mix with acrylic color to have a tinted ground
- Dries clear to translucent depending on thickness
- Flexible, non-cracking and non-yellowing when dry
- Provides the perfect “tooth” and adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces including canvas, paper and wood
- Excellent base coat primer for many applications for example murals
- Type: Surface Preparation Medium
- Texture: Fluid
- Sheen: Matte
- Relative Opacity: Transparent