These compact and colourful tins fit perfectly on any windowsill within the
home or office.
A versatile, easy to grow and aromatic herb that is a key ingredient in
Mediterranean cooking. Particularly delicious with tomatoes and garlic. Grows
into a compact bush which is perfect for the tin size.
How To Grow
Growing Instructions (included with kit)
- Remove all contents from the tin and add one cup of warm water to the soil
pellets in a separate bowl. Allow the soil pellets to soak in the water and
expand. Continue to add water until the pellets are completely expanded &
the soil appears fluffy.
- Once the soil has cooled down transfer most of it back into the tin, filling
the tin to approximately 1.5cm from the brim. Leave a couple spoonfuls of soil
for later use.
- Fluff the soil in the tin with a fork, then sprinkle your seeds evenly
across the soil surface. Cover the seeds with a very fine layer (5mm) of your
- Place the tin in a light position but avoid direct sunlight until the seeds
- Once seedlings appear, apply a half strength fertiliser every
- Thin out by removing smallest plants, leaving the strongest 1–2 plants
more room to grow in the tin. The thinnings can be transplanted into the garden
or other pots.
- You can grow your plants in the supplied tin until maturity, or transplant
them into the garden.
- The soil should not need watering again until seeds have germinated. However
if water is required, use a water spray bottle to moisten the soil. You can tell
if the soil is drying out if the colour turns from dark brown to
- The soil should be kept moist, but not too wet. If you are unsure about the
correct moisture level, press the soil gently. If the soil feels moist but no
water appears, the level is correct. If water appears on the surface, gently tip
the pot to its side, and let any excess water run out
- To assist with drainage you can place some small stones at the bottom of the
tin prior to adding the soil
- Pick the growing tips off each plant when they reach 7cm height. This will
encourage the plants to grow side shoots and bush out
- This kit includes a metal coloured pot, seeds and soil pellets.
- Grow and reap what you sow with these vibrant all-in-one tins!
- Tin dimensions: W:110mm x H:100mm
- Tin made of galvanised steel with zinc coating.