At the age of 84, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon. But without a definitive Ginsburg biography, the unique personal journey of this diminutive, quiet warrior's rise to the nation's highest court has been largely unknown, even to some of her biggest fans – until now. RBG is a revelatory documentary exploring Ginsburg 's exceptional life and career from Betsy West and Julie Cohen, and co-produced by Storyville Films and CNN Films.
CRITIC REVIEWS FOR RBG
- “Her tireless work advocating women's rights and gender equality may have put her on the map, but there is much more to 85 year-old US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg – as this fascinating and inspiring documentary reveals.”- Louise Keller, Urban Cinefile
- “At the same time, although West and Cohen get around to the version of Ginsburg that has become a meme for Millennials and a symbol of resistance, the greater part of the film celebrates her tireless determination.”- Melanie McFarland, Salon.com
- “RBG is an informative and entertaining documentary portrait.”- David Stratton, The Australian
- “West and Cohen give us a brisk recital of her achievements.”- Sandra Hall, Sydney Morning Herald
- “RBG is an insightful documentary that takes us inside of the world of this iconic figure.”- Matthew Toomey, ABC Radio Brisbane
- “I left the theatre informed, inspired, and eager to go to sleep at a normal hour.”- Sheelah Kolhatkar, New Yorker