X-Men 2 – Special Edition
The time has come for those who are different to stand united. Mutants continue their struggle against a society that fears and distrusts them. Their cause becomes even more desperate following an incredible attack by an undetermined assailant possessing extraordinary abilities.
The shocking attack renews the political and public outcry for both a Mutant Registration Act, and an anti-mutant movement, now led by William Stryker. A vocal, wealthy, former commander for the Army, Stryker, is rumored to have experimented on mutants.
Stryker's dubious mutant “work” is somehow tied to Logan's/Wolverine's mysterious and forgotten past. As Logan/Wolverine searches for clues to his origin, Stryker puts into motion his anti-mutant program–launching a severe attack on Professor Xavier's mansion. Magneto, newly escaped from his plastic prison, proposes a partnership with Professor Xavier and the X-Men to combat their common and formidable enemy: Stryker. With the fates of Xavier, mankind, and mutantkind, in their hands, the X-Men face their most dangerous mission yet.
- Dolby Digital And DTS 5.1 Surround Sound
- 2 Audio Commentaries
- History of the X-Men – 2 Featurettes
- Pre-Production – 2 Featurettes
- Production – 6 Featurettes
- Post Production – 2 Featurettes
- 11 Deleted Scenes
- 8 Image Galleries
- 3 Trailers
- " Superior to the 2000 original in every way and a classic within the comics/superhero film genre. " – Fico Cangiano
- " X2: X-Men United is better than its predecessor in every way. " – Danielle Solzman
- " Like the first movie, it wraps everything up in spectacular action scenes powered by special effects that are all the more impressive because director Bryan Singer does not let them overwhelm the other elements of the movie. " – Ron Weiskind