In 2006, William Carey College celebrated 100 years of serving students in south Mississippi. To accompany the centennial, alumni director Donna Duck Wheeler wrote William Carey College: The First 100 Years. In the 11 years following 2006, the school's enrollment increased to nearly 1,500 students and more programs, such as the College of Osteopathic Medicine, have been established. The span between the first volume and this updated one also includes the name change to William Carey University and the discovery of an additional predecessor institution, Pearl River Boarding School, founded in 1892. This expanded volume, published in commemoration of the institution's corrected 125th birthday, tells the next chapter of Carey's history--a history filled with faculty, staff, students, and alumni living out the words of the university's namesake, William Carey, and "expecting and attempting great things for God."