We all inherit outdated ideas about our roles in a relationship from our parents. This book shows you a whole new set of skills to help you have the relationship you've been longing for. The New Couple introduces 10 essential `laws' based on self-confidence and equality to help you find real intimacy, passion and enjoyment.
Where can couples turn to when the old rules don't work anymore?
Seana McGee and Maurice Taylor, couple educators and husband-and-wife psychotherapist team, have the solution in their 10 New Laws of Love, which can help all couples attain a happy, long-lasting relationship.
These include chemistry, emotional integrity, deep listening, equality, self-love and peacemaking.
Each chapter introduces one of these basic `laws' and teaches couples how to incorporate them into their own partnership.
The New Couple methods offer answers to common questions such as:
* The honeymoon's over and our sex life has cooled down. Is this normal? What's going on?
* A simple disagreement turned into an all-out fight and now we aren't speaking. How did we get to this?
* I feel like I'm losing my individuality and freedom, and I'm growing more and more resentful of my partner. Isn't there more to married life than this?
* Neither of us is willing to budge. I think we're at an impasse. Do we throw in the towel?
* Can we both achieve our dreams? How?
* I'm single and twice shy? How do I keep from stepping into another messy relationship?
Maurice Taylor and Seana McGee, a married couple, are psychotherapists specialising in couple counselling. They are internationally known relationships experts and founding directors of the New Couple organisation, based in California. They regularly hold workshops and seminars across the United States, in the UK (mostly London), the Netherlands, Singapore and Australia.