This magnificent BBC David Attenborough series celebrates the incredible
variety of the world's best-loved creatures and provides fresh insight into
their fascinating way of life.
- To Fly or Not To Fly – When the dinosaurs disappeared, some birds
abandoned flight and made a bid to take over the earth. And some are still doing
- The Mastery of Flight – Speed, endurance, and unrivalled agility are the
hallmarks of the aces of the skies.
- The Insatiable Appetite – A diversity of bill shapes and sizes have
evolved to cope with all the most difficult-to-find foods, but some birds still
- Meat Eaters – Both hunters and scavengers need incredible strategies and
skills to compete for their elusive prey.
- The Demands of the Egg – The drive to reproduce is fraught with
- The Problems of Parenthood – Bringing up a baby is a full-time job that
requires some ver special skills.
- The Limits of Endurance – Changes and disasters wrought by both nature
and man can create new challenges.
- Fishing for a Living – The earth's vast areas of fresh and salt water
provide dinner for millions of birds.
- Signals and Songs – Communication makes everything possible.
- Finding Partners – Extraordinary displays and bizarre mating