The traditional Tetriminos (falling blocks) and line-clearing strategy remain the staples of the game, but the touch screen adds a new element of interactivity. Some modes give players special Tetris puzzles to solve. Others feature head-to-head action between two players, or massive wireless battles between 10 DS users (even if only one player has a game card).
Players also can log onto Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to compete in two- or four-player battles. Tetris DS even includes a point-based rating system based on players' battle results. Opponents can see one another's ratings, which indicate their skill levels.
- Every mode in Tetris DS features a theme based on a famous Nintendo character
- Up to 10 players can clash using DS Download Play to form a Tetris DS match of massive proportions, all with just one game card
- There are tons of ways to play: Players whip out their styluses and clear a towering pile of Tetriminos in Touch mode, or clear line after line to pummel opponents in Push mode
- Using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, up to four players can compete in wireless two- or four-player battles against friends or strangers, near or far
- Six game modes to choose from