Antonio Banderas stars in Take the Lead, a drama inspired by the true story of Pierre Dulaine, an inspirational Manhattan dance teacher and competitor who volunteers his time to teach ballroom dancing to a diverse group of New York inner-city high school students serving detention.
The students are initially sceptical of Dulaine, especially when they learn what he's there to teach them, but his unwavering commitment and dedication slowly inspire them to embrace the programme. In fact, they even take it one step further and combine Dulaine's classical dance with their unique hip-hop style and music to create a high-energy fusion.
As Dulaine becomes a mentor for his students, many of whom haven't had much to strive towards in their lives, he inspires them to hone their craft for a prestigious city ballroom competition, and in return they share with each other valuable lessons about pride, respect and honour.
* Holographic foil packaging
* Audio Commentary with Director Liz Friedlander and Editor Robert Ivison
* Deleted / Alternate Scenes with optional commentary
* You Take the Lead: Multi Angle Tango
* Meet the Dungeon Kids - Featurette
* Between the Steps: A Profile of Pierre Dulaine - Featurette
* Liz, Swizz and Ziggy: The Director & Her Music team - Featurette
* Trailer Remixes by internationally known DJs
* Theatrical Trailer