using standard courier delivery
Unlikely to arrive before Christmas
A successful ocean passage on a small to midsize sailing vessel means keeping things as simple as possible. Sun, Wind, & Water: The Essential Guide to the Energy-Efficient Cruising Boat gives you the most detailed, up-to-date advice on how to prepare your boat for an ocean crossing while at the same time saving money and ensuring a smaller footprint on Mother Nature.
Circumnavigator-author Bill Morris describes in detail the best options for reducing dependence on fossil fuels, minimizing battery usage, and enjoying a comfortable lifestyle on the water. He presents an array of electrical charging systems, power-saving electrical fixtures, and manual devices aimed at saving money on fuel, along with pointers on installation and maintenance.
This practical guide covers:
- The development of an energy-saving plan for your boat
- Battery technology and hydrogen fuel cells
- Charging batteries from sun, wind, and water power
- Battery charge control systems
- Effective refrigeration options for the tropics
- Autopilots and windvane self-steering
- Energy-saving systems on three successful blue water vessels
- And much, much more
Bill Morris, author of The Windvane Self-Steering Handbook and a frequent contributor to Ocean Navigator Magazine, currently cruises the Channel Islands of Southern California on the 1966 Cal 30 Saltaire as he prepares for his next offshore adventure.