With more than 5 million copies sold worldwide and more than 25 Sports Game
of the Year awards won, NBA 2K12 was another monster release for the biggest NBA
video game simulation franchise in the world. This year, 2K Sports has joined
forces with the legendary JAY Z as Executive Producer to transcend sports video
games and take virtual hardwood to the next level.
Featuring an enhanced MyCareer mode and all-new gameplay features, NBA 2K13
will let gamers pit the best players in NBA history against the new dynasty of
talent. A Jay-Z Production NBA 2K13 is produced by multi-platinum recording
artist and hip-hop mogul Jay-Z, who presided over both the soundtrack and
in-game elements such as menus, art and gameplay cameras.
- Wii U Launch Title – Available near the launch of Nintendo's new Wii U,
NBA 2K13 will be the first choice for basketball fans on the new console.
- A JAY Z Production – NBA 2K13 is produced by multi-platinum recording
artist and hip-hop mogul JAY Z.
- Gatorade Biometric Scan (Exclusive to the Wii U) – Think you have a feel
for how your player is performing? Think again. The Gatorade Biometrics display
provides an up-to-the-second look at your player's mood and fatigue level in
the game. A persistent “heartbeat” and dynamic hot/cold zones will keep you
in tune with your player's psyche as the game progresses.
- USA Basketball – Finally answer the question: Who would win a
head-to-head duel between the 1992 Dream Team and the 2012 squad?
- MyCAREER Mode – Build your MyPLAYER by giving him signature skills, and
acquire your very own custom animations using Virtual Currency (VC). Includes
all-new GM sit-down feature, new endorsement paths, improved in-game AI, and
all-new swag including casual clothing, equipment, custom shoes and
- NBA 2K “MyTEAM” – Collect players, uniforms, arenas and boosts to put
together your own team. Track the talent marketplace that fluctuates based on
real-life performance, and then take your team online to play against other
players' MyTEAMS in a new tiered matchmaking system.
- Improved Gameplay features, including such innovations as:
- The Control Stick: For the first time ever, all dribble moves have been
mapped to the right analog stick, as well as shooting, passing, and post moves.
String together devastating crossovers and clutch shots for maximum control and
- Dynamic Shot Generator: Shots are now dynamically created on the fly, with
all-new collision physics created in real-time.
- Signature Skills: Each player has unique abilities that can alter the course
of a game. Players are modelled to impact the game in their own unique way, from
Derrick Rose as a “Floor General” to Kevin Durant being “The Closer.”
Learn to use each player's unique ability and change the game on
- Revamped Passing System: Improved fast break passing gives players more
control. Fire a bounce pass to a cutting teammate or go “Lob City” in
- Shoe Creator – One of the most flexible interfaces ever allow the user to
customize up to 45 shoe components and layers from the ground up. Create
original shoes from all the major shoe brands and deck your player out with his
own signature creation.
- Classic Teams – The best teams in NBA history are back, and can now be
taken online. Challenge your friends with squads such as the '96 Bulls and '65