My First Classical Music Album Naxos 8.578203
- Composers: Adams, John; Bach, Johann Sebastian; Bartok, Bela; Beethoven, Ludwig van; Brahms, Johannes; Chopin, Fryderyk; Debussy, Claude; Dukas, Paul; Dvorak, Antonin; Faure, Gabriel; Grieg, Edvard; Haydn, Franz Joseph; Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus; Prokofiev, Sergey; Rossini, Gioachino; Saint-Saens, Camille; Schumann, Robert; Shostakovich, Dmitry; Stravinsky, Igor; Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Il'yich; Vivaldi, Antonio; Williams, John
- Lyricist: Schikaneder, Emanuel
- Conductors: Alsop, Marin; Bogar, Istvan; Craft, Robert; Davis, Carl; Drahos, Bela; Gunzenhauser, Stephen; Halasz, Michael; Jean, Kenneth; Kosler, Zdenek; Lenard, Ondrej; Lyndon-Gee, Christopher; Muller-Bruhl, Helmut; Rondin, Mats
- Orchestras: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra; Budapest Failoni Chamber Orchestra; Budapest Symphony Orchestra; Capella Istropolitana; Cologne Chamber Orchestra; New Zealand Symphony Orchestra; Nicolaus Esterhazy Sinfonia; Norrkoping Symphony Orchestra; Philharmonia Orchestra; Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra; Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra; Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra; Zagreb Festival Orchestra
- Ensemble: Eder Quartet
- Artists: Biret, Idil; Bogacz, Josef; Devoyon, Pascal; Jando, Jeno; Kang, Dong-Suk; Nishizaki, Takako; Schuster, Jurgen; Thiollier, Francois-Joel; Tichy, Georg
‘Da-da-da-DAAAAH, Da-da-da-DAAAAH’: the start of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony is really famous. See if you recognise it! It’s just one of many popular pieces here. There are some animals, too—an elephant and a swan. And right at the end, guess which boy wizard joins the party…Come and join it too!
My First Classical Music Album Review
…a disc especially for children: My First Classical Music Album.
It’s a part of the “My First” album series from Naxos, encouraging kids to begin a lifelong journey through classical music. Each selection is carefully tailored for younger listeners, and includes famous tracks as well as unexpected gems, including Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, Mozart’s The Magic Flute, and Rossini’s William Tell. The booklet includes information on each piece of music.