MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf continues the massive destructible environments, intense combat and addictive online multiplayer gameplay that gamers have been praising since MechAssault first hit Xbox.
This limited edition version includes the following bonus features:
Never Before Seen Footage: Exclusive G4TechTV production and interviews with the creators of MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
Two Exclusive Multiplayer Maps: Playable on Xbox Live and System Link:
Continuing in the 31st century, MechAssault 2 allows gamers to encounter entirely new experiences in the epic BattleTech world. This third-person action/shooter game defines immense destruction taken to another level, as each environment in the game's five worlds is fully destructible.
Players choose from a variety of weapons and vehicles- from the stealthy Raptor 'Mech to the 'Mech-jacking BattleArmor-all equipped with different weapon configurations and artillery. They can embark on the brand-new and intensive single-player campaign, or test teamwork skills to defeat the enemy in the ultimate online multiplayer experience. In addition, players will benefit by strategizing and communicating with their teammates via the Xbox Live Communicator headset.
Out of the 'Mech combat. Gamers are the man, not the machine. For the first time ever, "MechAssault 2" gives gamers the ability to get in and out of the 'Mech to experience warfare close up and personal. Gamers can attach to ally and enemy 'Mechs, scale walls or hitch a ride on a VTOL aircraft with the newest form of death-dealing transportation, BattleArmor. With BattleArmor, players can hijack enemy 'Mechs and use them to help their teammates rain down destruction on their opponents.
Sense of scale. MechAssault 2 uses the graphic superiority of the Xbox to introduce a new perspective that allows gamers to appreciate the size and power of their massive 'Mechs. With action and graphics so realistic, gamers feel like they are truly immersed in this world where 40-foot 'Mechs reign supreme.
Compelling, brand-new single-player experience. Gamers delve into the deeply enhanced single-player campaign, filled with seamless storytelling that will open up the universe for a more compelling and richer single player experience.
Evolutionary Xbox Live gameplay. Players battle for the Inner Sphere against live opponents from around the globe via Xbox Live. From the United States to Sweden, gamers strategize with teammates about the most effective way to search-and-destroy, while talking trash in real-time to German and Japanese opponents.
Incredible destruction returns. Players experience more incredible explosions and devastating destruction as MechAssault 2 pushes the graphical capabilities of Xbox. Witness intense, jaw-dropping weapon and damage effects that demand that players fire a weapon just to see the effect on the environment. Lasers light up the sky, Raptors disappear and Javelin LAM launchers fly though the air, wreaking havoc on the evil Hand of Blake.
- Map 1:
- Name of Map: "Mountain High"
- Supports 4 multiplayer game types all of which are team based games. They are called Team Destruction, Check It, Snatch it and Base War. They are variants of different multiplayer game modes, kind of like Halo has Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, etc.
- You’ll be able to play this map on: Xbox Live (2-12 players), System Link (2-12 players), Split Screen (2 players)
- When you’re playing this map it will support the following Xbox Live features just like in the full game (hence, you can see your friends lists, see what clans you belong to, send text and voicemail messages).
- Supports 1-2 (splitscreen) players playing against bots, known as “Grinder” in MechAssault. You start with a stable of 'Mechs and face endless increasing waves of enemies. This is good for the guy who doesn't have Live, any friends or wants to practice against the AI before he goes and plays against friends via Xbox Live, System Link or Split Screen.
- Map 2:
- Name of Map: "Troubled Waters"
- Supports 1 Multiplayer gametype Destruction (Free for all)
- When you're playing this map it will support the following Xbox Live features just like in the full game (hence, you can see your friends lists, see what clans you belong to, send text and voicemail messages).
- Supports 1-2 (spitscreen) players playing against bots, known as "Grinder" in MechAssault. This is good for the guy who doesn't have Live, any friends or wants to practice against the AI before he goes and plays against friends via Xbox Live, System Link or Split Screen.