Before I got the Linksys ADSL2 Gateway Modem/Router I thought my ISP was awful. My internet was constantly disconnecting and often slow. The Linksys has changed all that – this modem has changed my internet experience. My connection hasn't gone out once, and everything's superfast. Plus is was really easy to set-up and design-wise is a pretty nice-looking bit of kit. Worth every penny.
The built-in ADSL Modem function gives you a blazing fast connection to the Internet, far faster than a dial-up, and without tying up your phone line. Connect multiple computers to the Gateway via the built-in 4-port 10/100 Ethernet Switch to jump start your home network. You can share files, printers, hard drive space and other resources, or play head-to-head PC games. Attach four PCs directly, or connect more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. The Gateway's Router function lets your whole network share a single high-speed Internet connection.
The ADSL2 Gateway protects your PCs from most known Internet attacks with a powerful Stateful Packet Inspection firewall. It can also serve as a DHCP Server, and supports up to five VPN tunnel endpoints, so you can securely connect to corporate networks. Safeguard your family with Parental Control features like Internet Access Time Limits and Key Word Blocking. And even with all this power, set up is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.
- Enhanced security management functions: Port Filtering, MAC and IP Address Filtering, DMZ Hosting, and NAT Technology
- Easily configurable through your networked PC’s web browser
- Supports 4 10/100 Auto MDI/MDI-X LAN switch ports and 1 ADSL port
- Support for RFC1483, PPPoE and PPPoA connections
- SPI firewall with Denial of Service attack prevention
- Email and web-based logging of security events
- Supports 5 VPN tunnels for IPSec and VPN passthrough for IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP protocols
- Supports IGMP passthrough, proxy, and snooping
- Supports management functions, such as remote management and SNMP
- Model AG300
- Ports Power, Line, LAN (1-4)
- Buttons Reset, Power Switch
- LEDs Power, LAN (1-4), DSL, Internet
- Cabling Type CAT 5 UTP (Ethernet), Standard Telephone (ADSL)
- UPnP able/cert Able
- Security features Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI ) Firewall
- Device Dimensions 5.51 x 5.51 x 1.06 in
- W x H x D (140 x 140 x 27 mm)
- Weight 0.62 lbs (28 g)
- Power 12VDC 1A
- Certification FCC Part 15 Class B, FCC Part 68, UL 1950, CE, CS03
- Operating Temperature 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Operating Humidity 10 to 85% non-condensing
- Storage Humidity 5 to 90% non-condensing
128 MB of RAM
Internet Explorer 5.0 or Netscape Navigator 6 or Higher for Web-based Configuration
Activated ADSL line
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!