Ensure all pupils make progress relative to their starting points with quick and early intervention at any point in KS3 or GCSE maths. Step 4 write-in workbook roughly equates to the previous national curriculum level 6.
* Easy to use for one-to-one with parents/mentors/tutors/teachers/non specialists
* Help all students to make progress with clear guidance and practice on the page
* Developed with the Head of Maths at Colne Community College, Brightlingsea, which has recently achieved an outstanding in Ofsted and improved GCSE results year on year
* Secure catch-up money with an accompanying customisable letter to send to parents, teaching assistants etc. to explain the course and help with giving feedback in the books
* Slot into your timetable with hours of work specified in the contents list
* Encourage pupils with the appropriate grown-up design that looks similar to main textbooks
* Focus on basic skills and fluency
* Show how it's done with a worked example, then practice questions to check understanding
* Traffic-light progress and confidence with the planning grid of contents
* Measure progress at the end of each strand with the comments, next steps and misconceptions box to fill in
* Develop fluency with short mental maths tests at the back
* Celebrate progress with the certificate of achievement at the back
* Use in conjunction with Collins diagnostic assessment and the rest of the Maths Frameworking course
* Access answers online
Chris Pearce has an MA in maths and over 30 years' teaching experience at secondary level through KS3 to KS5. Now a full-time author, education advisor and examiner, he has written many bestselling KS3 and KS4 materials for Collins.