Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Rodgers & Hammersteins The King & I with this new 2-disc DVD set, containing the award-winning, much-loved film (which can be viewed either with or without sing-along subtitles), plus a second disc packed with a host of new and exciting bonus features.
This visual and musical masterpiece features Yul Brynner's Academy Award winning performances as the stubborn King of Siam, Deborah Kerr's charming portrait of the schoolteacher Anna Leonowens and some of the world's best-loved songs, including Getting To Know You, I Whistle A Happy Tune and Shall We Dance?
- Feature film with Optional Sing-Along Subtitles
- Commentary By Film Historian Richard Barrios and Musical Theatre Historian Michael Portantiere
- "Anna And The King" Pilot TV Show With Optional Commentary From Samantha Egger
- Six Featurettes About The King & I
- Vintage Stage Excerpts: Getting To Know You And A Puzzlement Performed by Patricia Morrison and Yul Brynner
- Seven Movietone News Segments
- Additional Song - Shall I Tell You What I Think Of You?
- Three Still Galleries