Although he was best known as a founding member of perhaps the 20th century's greatest entertainment phenomenon, John Lennon today still maintains a strong influence as a musician, artist, writer, philosopher, peacemaker and poet that transcends even the awesome celebrity he achieved as one of the Beatles.
Imagine: John Lennon was created with the cooperation of Lennon's widow Yoko Ono and produced by multi-award winning producer David L. Wolper and critically-acclaimed documentarian Andrew Solt (partners on This is Elvis). Backed by a monumental 36-tune sound track, the film draws from a treasure trove of material, including the musician's own collection of more than 240 hours of film and videotape, much of it never publicly seen. It was Ono who approached Wolper, announcing it was time to open Lennon's personal archives of films, writings and photographs in order to make the definitive movie of his life. Wolper agreed but not before he requested full control over the project. Ono agreed and what resulted was an unprecedented look into the public and private life of the superstar.
* Tribute to John Lennon: The Man, The Music, The Memories - With Filmmakers David L. Wolper, Andrew Solt, Sam Egan, Editors Bert Lovitt and Bud Friedgen
* John Lennon: Truth Be Told - BBC Radio Interview with John and Yoko
* Acoustic Imagine - Never before released performance at the Apollo Theatre, New York City, Dec 17 1971
* Island House - Never before seen footage at the Lake House home of John and Yoko, Tittenhurst Estate in Ascot, England
* William Ernest Pobjoy Interview - Interview with head master of Quarry Bank High School - John Lennon's grammar school
* Trivia Track
- Special Edition
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!