Introducing bounty hunter John Cooper and his 5-strong band of top notch partners in this Wild West trailblazer on PC.
“Desperados – Wanted Dead or Alive” is the first strategy game ever to combine a movie-based and-story driven atmosphere of an adventure/game with the intellectual challenge of a real time strategy/tactic game.
A variety of 25 levels in a thrilling plot with scenery and landscapes that are a feast for the eyes, ears & mind :
- Many different atmospheres: day, night, sunset, storm, half-light, outside, inside, large towns, pueblos, shadow towns, fortresses, gold mines, cotton fields, swamps, camps, saloons, jails, a steamboat, torrents, waterfalls, caverns, fires, traps, rifle-fires, escapes and other swindles…
- Numerous action scenes: shooting colt and other classic weapons, knife throwing, brawling, using sound diversions, dynamite and powder barrels, rattlesnakes, chemicals, lures, seduction, blinding, even a surprisingly mischievous monkey, and much more…
- Environmental interactions such as: building crossings, saddling and riding horses, sabotaging installations, retrieving equipment, crawling, climbing, jumping on horses, unlocking doors, hiding, stealth, pushing or destroying obstacles, etc…
- Twenty five amazing individual cutscenes between the levels, building the plot and immersing the player in the rich story of John Cooper.
Stunning intro and outro sequences
- FMV and dialogue supported plot
- High-resolution backgrounds without block repetitions
From 640´480 to 1024´768 resolution, 3 zoom levels, stunning special effects…
- 3D sound, sound wired, noise propagation and live music supported action.
- Amazing artificial intelligence! - Each enemy is defined according to 10 criterias such as intelligence, courage, sense of duty, shot precision, idleness, resistance to alcohol, etc
Plenty of different non playable characters :
- 25 enemies with different profiles, from the lazy and cowardly Mexican bandit to the fearsome mercenary, through to the unruffled Marshall and his faithful henchmen, etc.
- 35 more or less harmless civilians and animals
Addictive gameplay for friends of strategy, tactics, infiltration, adventure, action and much more.
- Minimal configuration: Pentium 233 or faster, 32MB RAM, NO 3D accelerated graphics card needed!
Maximum accessibility through an easy to learn gameplay :
- 6 tutorial levels which begin to draw the player deep into the story.
- Optimised ergonomic interface (contextual mouse cursor) and the ability to co-ordinate characters' actions.
# Pentium 233 or faster processor
# Microsoft Windows 98, Me, XP
# 32 MB RAM
# 4x CD-ROM drive
# 3-D acceleration graphics card not needed
# Keyboard and mouse