Cub: Balance Bike – Orange
The baddest beginner’s bike on the block is designed for new cyclists 20 months to 5 years of age. Cub’s no-pedal form bears a kid-friendly step-thru frame so your little one can easily hop on and off their new bike. Unlike the new shoes they got last week, Cub is intuitively designed to grow with your baby bear. The adjustable handlebars and seat allow Cub to keep up with them while they catch up to you. Pedals are out of the picture, but that won’t slow them down. Balance bike riders quickly learn how to glide, coast, and stop without developing a false center of gravity frequently experienced in other beginner bikes.
Still unsure about the “no-training wheels” business? Kids are able to better control their speed, avoid nasty falls, and minimize the chance of getting hurt with less distance between their feet and the ground. Keep them riding with air-free tires, making airing tires and tube replacements irrelevant.
Safety comes before speed in Cub, but kids are comfortably in control of their ride without the need for a hovering adult. The design provides them with enough freedom to whirl around the driveway without ever losing control. Cub’s multiple colorways, personalized feel, and a self-reliant ride will have them especially feeling that big-kid confidence.
- No pedals, no problem! Balance bikes encourage kids to balance with their own bodies, work on their bilateral coordination, and confidently ride at their own pace without training wheels.
- Safe and durable Cub’s easy-to-climb bike frame is lightweight, sturdy, and features a miniature city comfort saddle for cozy cruising (and balancing!). Airless tires make for a safer, no-pop ride and reliable grip on the sidewalk.
- Growth spurt friendly! Cub’s adjustable seat height and handlebars can take on any growth spurt. Easily adjust the height so your little cyclist rides comfortably even after tacking on a few extra inches.
- Hand-built steel frame
- Dual braking system for added security
- Adjustable seat and handlebars to keep up with growth spurts
- Frame – High-tensile steel with SST – Super Step Thru
- Fork – High-tensile steel
- Saddle – 12 – 16.5 in. with Safety Quick-Release adjust
- Handlebar – High-tensile steel, with Safety Quick-Release adjust, Safety Grips
- Wheels – No-rust, 5-spoke Nylon
- Tires – Air-Free/Flat-Free (EVA polymer – aka high-density foam)