I recently bought this at the super low price it currently is, cos I wanted to try a different genre of game. Bought three other air-combat games at the same time, and this would be the best WWII at least, and second-best overall. It's an enjoyable enough air-combat game, would put it in the arcade side, than simulation, which exactly what I wanted. Played the first few missions, and it's solid, real, nothing flashy like Hawx or Ace Combat, and although it's about 8 years old now, still runs fine on modern hardware. It's has good controls, and the sound and graphics are fair, so if you want a WWII plane game, this is it. Would love to see something similar with an modern graphics engine though :-)
- WWII's most epic and famous air battles. Experience the greatest air battles of World War II in famous locations from across the globe. Whether it's the invasion of the Philippines, the fierce fighting for the desserts of North Africa, or the battle of Britain, the player and his squadron will be tasked with turning the tide of war.
- Innovative squadron-based gameplay. AI-controlled wingmen will obey player commands. As the pilot's skills improve, so will the skills of his squadron. The pilot's heroism and leadership will grow during the course of the campaign as players fly with their squadron and evolve together into an ace fighting force.
- A large variety of realistic-looking WWII aircraft. Pilot 40 authentic WWII aircraft including the famous P-51 Mustang, the P-38 Lightning, the B-17 Flying Fortress, the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt, the Spitfire of Britain and the Japanese Zero. From the wing rivets, to the nose art, to the detailed cockpits, these planes are just like the real thing.
- Twenty heart-stopping missions in a compelling storyline. Pilots will begin as untrained recruits and evolve through battle experience into ace combat pilots. WWII missions will take place around the globe in places like England, Germany, France, Morocco, Midway and Okinawa.
- Authentic WWII atmosphere. Fly in close to Germany's industrial terrain for a bombing raid, strafe the islands of the pacific, or emerge from the cloud cover over London and engage the enemy. The environment looks so real you'll feel like you're the pilot in a famous WWII movie.
- Planes are easy to handle and fun to fly. No need to attend the Air Force Academy to pilot these planes; players can jump right into air combat action.
- Xbox Live for up to 20 players online. Engage in head-to-head dogfights or cooperative team play between squadrons on huge maps with large formations.
Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 1GHz Processor
64MB nVidia GeForce 3 or ATi Radeon 8000 Class Video Card
DirectX compatible Sound Card
12X CD-ROM Drive
6GB Hard Disk Space
Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 3GHz Processor
256MB DirectX compatible Video Card
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!