Argo: Extended Edition with the theatrical version plus extended cut with footage not seen in theatres!
- BEST PICTURE OSCAR / ACADEMY AWARD WINNER 2013
- BEST FILM BAFTA AWARD WINNER 2013
- BEST PICTURE (DRAMA) GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER 2013
Argo is a 2012 historical drama / thriller film directed by and starring Ben Affleck.
The Iranian Revolution takes over the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and six Americans escape. Now only one man can get them out from behind enemy lines. Tony Mendez is a brilliant CIA agent who specialises in impossible escapes, but his new plan is as daring as it is desperate. Disguised as a film crew, Tony and the fugitives must hide in plain sight, where the slightest slipup could end in instant death.
Academy Award winner Ben Affleck directs and stars in a thriller based on an unbelievably true story. The powerful cast includes Emmy Award winners Bryan Cranston and John Goodman, as well as Academy Award winner Alan Arkin.
COVER ARTWORK NOT FINAL.
- Extended cut as well as theatrical version
- PICTURE-IN-PICTURE: EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT – The chaos of revolutionary Iran comes to life with survivors' stories
- RESCUED FROM TEHRAN: WE WERE THERE – President Jimmy Carter, Tony Mendez and the actual houseguests recount the real-life harrowing experiences they endured
- ARGO: ABSOLUTE AUTHENTICITY – Ben Affleck explains how he re-created the world of the 1979 Iran Hostage Crisis
- ARGO: THE CIA AND HOLLYWOOD CONNECTION – Former CIA agent Tony Mendez and director Ben Affleck expose the secrets behind the phony movie that had all of Hollywood believing
- ESCAPE FROM IRAN: THE HOLLYWOOD OPTION – Go inside the Canadian government for a riveting look at the risks the Canadianstook to shelter their closest neighbours
- FEATURE-LENGTH COMMENTARY – With director Ben Affleck and writer Chris Terrio
- Won Academy Awards / Oscars for: Best Motion Picture of the Year, Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay (2013). Also received 5 other Oscar nominations.
- Won Golden Globe Awards for: Best Motion Picture – Drama & Best Director (2013). Also received 3 other Golden Globe nominations.
- Won BAFTA Awards for: Best Film, Best Editing & Best Director (2013). Also received 4 other BAFTA nominations.
- Won AFI Award, Movie of the Year (2013)
- Won Screen Actors Guild Award, Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture (2013)
- Won Broadcast Film Critics Association Critics Choice Awards for: Best Picture & Best Director (2013). Also received 5 other nominations.
- Won Directors Guild of America Award, Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Motion Pictures (2013)
- Won Florida Film Critics Circle Awards for: Best Film, Best Adapted Screenplay & Best Director (2012)
- Won Hollywood Film Award, Ensemble of the Year (2012)
- Won Online Film Critics Society Awards for: Best Film, Best Adapted Screenplay (2013) Another 3 nominations.
- Won Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards for: Best Picture & Best Screenplay (2012). Another 2 nominations.
- Won Writers Guild of America Award, Best Adapted Screenplay (2013)
- ANOTHER 41 AWARD WINS & 52 NOMINATIONS
Argo Movie Reviews
“Ben Affleck doesn't merely direct Argo, he directs the hell out of it, nailing the quickening pace, the wayward humor, the nerve-frying suspense. There's no doubt he's crafted one of the best movies of the year.” Rolling Stone
“A film worthy of its incredible hook: engaging, thoughtful, completely gripping.” Flicks.co.nz
“Argo is a triumph. It has tension, sincerity, mystery, artistic responsibility, entertainment value, technical expertise, a narrative arc and a thrilling respect for the tradition of how to tell a story with minimum frills and maximum impact. It's a great footnote to history, one of the best films of 2012 and a sure-fire contender on Oscar night.” New York Observer
“Argo is movie magic. Ben Affleck's third directorial outing, is an entertaining, real-life, race-the-clock thriller that nabs you at the start and never makes a wrong move.” New York Daily News
“The whole thing is paced like a whip, and the third act may literally be the most suspenseful piece of film I've ever seen – and yes, I have seen Rear Window. Recommended without any reservation for every and any cinemagoer.” ABC Radio Australia
“A drum-tight thriller demonstrating that Affleck is one of the most accomplished directors working in Hollywood today.” Sky Movies
“The film has heart and brains as well as balls, the screenplay delivering a clear and strong story without sacrificing either political or personal context” Urban Cinefile Australia
“A suspenseful, topical and surprisingly humorous film that's deserving of the Oscar buzz surrounding it.” Filmink Australia
“A blue-chip Oscar contender that's also a rousing popcorn movie, Ben Affleck's Argo offers plenty of nail-biting thrills as well as funnier scenes than you'd ever imagine possible in the grim context of the Iran hostage crisis…If you didn't know otherwise, you'd swear this was the work of a veteran master like Steven Soderbergh.” New York Post
“A nail-biter of the highest order, Argo is crackerjack mix of world politics, classic screen suspense, and knowing Hollywood ribbing.” Blu-ray.com
“Fusing suspense and humor in a political thriller is a tricky prospect, but Argo is more than up to the task.” USA Today
“This is mature, invigorating stuff, alternately tense, funny, stirring and ultimately very satisfying.” Movies.com