Arcanum is the first game to come from the development house Troika Games, LLC, started by former Fallout team members Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Anderson. This team takes the depth of gameplay and world-building in role-playing games to entirely new levels of realism and excitement.
Imagine a place of wonder, where magic and technology hold equal sway, and an adventurer might just as easily wield a flintlock pistol as a flaming sword. A place where great industrial cities house castle keeps and factories, home to Dwarves, Humans, Orcs and Elves alike. A place of ancient runes and steamworks, of magic and machines, of sorcery and science. Welcome to the land of Arcanum.
* Character Creation: No More Character Classes. Arcanum uses a classless, point-based system where players use points to "buy" attributes. You're only limited by your own creativity in guiding your character's development.
* Complex Stat-Driven System: Take charge or your own growth in the game environment. A deep and complex statistical system underlies every event that takes place within Arcanum. These include:
* 8 basic stats (including Strength and Charisma), and more than a dozen derived stat (such as Poison Resistance and Character Speed)
* 16 primary skills (such as Gambling, Healing, and Lock-Picking)
* 80 spells within 16 colleges
* 56 technological degrees within 8 disciplines
* However, automatic character advancement features are available that can manage these for you as you focus on the quest at hand. Delve into the minutiae of character management or set your sites on the action - you are in control.
* Single Player Quest: Choose your own path - each major quest has multiple routes to victory, ensuring you'll never play the same game twice. Encounter hundreds of side quests that take you off the beaten path in Arcanum. Grow your character's experience as you prepare for the final confrontation.
* Dynamic Colored Lighting: Accurate day-and-night cycle. Shadows are cast from trees and other objects will change color throughout the day. Abilities, especially combat and thieving skills, decline with unfavorable lighting conditions.
* Real time and turn based combat options available: Take on a band of Ogres in real-time, or plan your strategy through a turn-based system of combat.
* Multiplayer Gaming: Take the adventure online as you wend your way through multiple quests, or take on other bands of online gamers.
- PC Games
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!