The innovative design of iPod Hi-Fi transforms consumer-grade materials into the ideal enclosure for high-fidelity sound. Listen as your music pours out of a double-walled plastic shell designed for maximum stiffness to prevent vibration and resonance — two major causes of sonic imperfection. And airtight sealing allows voluminous sound without buzzing and clatter.
iPod Hi-Fi features three speaker cones custom designed to provide balanced sound across the frequency range. The result of numerous rigorous acoustic tests, this design delivers room-filling stereo imaging. The two 80 mm wide-range cones are set in dedicated chambers and isolated on the front plate, providing mid and high frequencies that sound vivid and bright. The natural bass of iPod Hi-Fi is generated by a 130 mm woofer. Thanks to the airtight sealing, the low frequencies are enriched inside the enclosure and then directed via tuned tubes through ports in the front.
No need to find a place to hide an unsightly power brick, as iPod Hi-Fi houses all power components internally. Or run iPod Hi-Fi on six D-cell batteries(1). Either way, it plays your music with big, warm sound. In DC mode, custom electronics manage the energy to enhance battery life and sound, even adjusting volume as necessary. And iPod Hi-Fi will charge your iPod from its batteries when the iPod runs low.
Just slide your iPod(1) into the built-in Universal Dock to turn on and tune in to digital music as you’ve never heard it before. From pumping bass to bright treble, iPod Hi-Fi delivers natural, room-filling sound. Close your eyes and you’d think you were listening to a huge stack of speakers. But iPod Hi-Fi measures just 17.0" x 6.6" x 6.9."
As versatile as it is compact, iPod Hi-Fi incorporates thoughtful touches that make playing your music pure pleasure. Use the included Apple Remote to control music playback from anywhere in the room. Charge your iPod through the iPod Hi-Fi dock while you play music. Or take your show on the road courtesy of D-cell battery(2) power. All that makes iPod Hi-Fi pretty extraordinary. Just like iPod.
1. iPod sold separately.
2. D-cell batteries sold separately.
In the Box
* iPod Hi-Fi and removable grille
* Apple Remote
* iPod Universal Dock Adapters(1)
* AC power cord
* Product documentation and user guide
Powerful and efficient Class D internal amplifiers
* Internal universal power supply
* Seamless, quiet switching between AC and DC power
* DC mode using just six D-cell batteries(2)
* Two 80-mm wide-range
* One 130-mm woofer
Acoustically tuned enclosure
* Sealed and tuned resin chamber
* Sealed, acoustic suspension for mid-range system
* Dual voice coil, ported bass reflex design for bass system
* Frequency response: 53Hz to 16kHz ± 3 dB
* Maximum peak sound pressure level: 108 dB at 1 m (AC); 102 dB at 1 m (DC)
* Compatible with all iPod models with a dock connector through the integrated Universal Dock (dock adapters included)
* Compatible with iPod shuffle and iPod models without a dock connector through the audio input port (audio cable sold separately)
* Charges iPod via dock connector
* Tone Control in speakers menu provides additional EQ settings specifically for iPod Hi-Fi(3)
* Input port accepts analog 3.5 mm stereo minijack or S/PDIF optical digital miniplug(4)
1. Includes Universal Dock Adapters for iPod mini, iPod with Click Wheel, iPod with color display, iPod nano, and iPod with video.
2. D-cell batteries not included.
3. Speakers menu only available with iPod nano and iPod with video.
4. Audio cables sold separately.
Size and weight
* Height: 167.6 mm (6.6 inches)
* Width: 431.8 mm (17.0 inches)
* Depth (including grille): 175.3 mm (6.9 inches)
* Weight (without batteries): 6.6 kg (14.5 pounds)
* Weight (with batteries): 7.6 kg (16.7 pounds)
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!