4 Gods – Board Game
Before you is a newly-formed world, a blank slate for your creation. As god of the dwarves, you aim to cover the world with mountain ranges, where your people can mine for gems and create legendary underground cities with vast halls. You will even cause some dwarves to become prophets of your glory, and inspire other peoples to follow you. But you are only one of four gods ruling this world, and your three rivals—the goddess of elves, the god of humans, and the goddess of merfolk—each have their own ambitions.
4 Gods is a tile placement and area control game designed by Christophe Boelinger, the creator of Archipelago. In 4 Gods, you and up to three opponents collaborate to build a world while competing to dominate it. You’ll place terrain tiles, build legendary cities for your people, and distribute your prophets throughout the world, all in order to grow your divine influence. The player whose god wields the most divine influence wins.
- The main game mode of 4 Gods is the simultaneous mode, fast-paced and ferociously competitive.
- Quick thinking and deft hands are necessary to win. However, if you prefer to take turns, watch your opponents, and deliberate over your choices for a different sort of challenge, you can play the game using timed turns of thirty seconds each.
- Will you cover the world in forests and populate it with cities of elves? Or spread open plains across the naked earth and send human prophets into others’ kingdoms?
- Will you become god of the dwarves, and make mountains rise wherever possible? Or choose to play the goddess of the merfolk, delighting in underwater cities and open seas?
- In 4 Gods, you have the power to create a world. What will you do with it?
Players: 2 – 4
Play Time: 15 – 30 Min
Suitable for ages 8 & up