We knew they were out there. Somewhere in the black distance of space. We knew the human race couldnâ€™t be the only life form. It had long been accepted that there were others. With more planets and stars than there are grains of sand, the Universe had to be home to â€˜somethingâ€™ else. Then they came. Undetected, a spacecraft of unknown origin hovered just above the point where light melts into dark. Friend or enemy? Releasing rapidly multiplying seeds into the atmosphere, Earth soon knew the answer. The seeds rained down upon terrified people. Humans had no method of response. Most intelligent life was destroyed. Those who were lucky enough to make it underground survived. Some ventured outside to find the seeds joining the lifeless bodies decomposing into the ground. Earth and a few life forms had survived. Or so it appearedâ€¦
- Combining global strategy with small squad tactical combat, the challenge offered is to fight against an alien invasion. Featuring run time generated tactical missions with innovative simultaneous combat action; the genre is also enhanced with strong RPG elements, offering a quite unique mix of strategic ideas.
- RPG - Your soldiers will improve as they gain more experience. Their skills are derived from these statistics, and each point that you put into any one of these attributes will have a noticeable effect on that soldierâ€™s skills. These attributes are: Strength, Agility, Dexterity, Willpower, Intelligence, and Perception
- Strategy - You must manage your bases, interceptions, and squads. Territory is equal to power in the game - the more you control, the better your interceptor coverage. Also, the faster you research, the better things could be.
- Tactics - Fighting on the ground against aliens and mutants for the control of territories. Once you control a territory, you can decide what type of base you want there: Research, Military, Manufacture or Biomass repulsion.
- Simultaneous turn based combat.
- Randomly generated tactical missions â€“ each playing field will be unique meaning no two games are the same.
- Intricate, rich and frightening alien setting displayed in full 3D.
- Over 100 varied mission objectives.
- 70 plus unique weapons
Windows 98/2000/XP, Pentium® III 500 MHz, 32 MB nVidia GeForce 2 MX / ATI Radeon video card, 128 MB RAM, 1.25 GB Hard Drive, CD-ROM or CD/DVD-ROM drive 8x, Microsoft DirectX 9, DirectX certified sound card.