Medieval II Total War: Gold Pack contains Medieval II Total War and Medieval II Total War Kingdoms.
Medieval II Total War
Medieval II is the latest and greatest game to be released in the best selling and award-winning Total War series. Set in the years 1080-1530 the most turbulent period in European history, the game combines a vast, deep-thinking turn-based strategy campaign with the most cinematic, epic and brutal real-time battles ever seen in the genre.
A vastly enhanced version of the Total War engine vividly portrays the pure bloodlust of Medieval warfare with massive battles of more than 10,000 troops splayed across new graphically rich environments. For the first time in the Total War series each troop is an individual, garbed with the rich heraldic colours and glinting arms and armour of the period.
On the battlefield they'll survey their surroundings for threats and incoming opponents and react accordingly. When engaged they'll string together a series of devastating moves as Medieval 2's new combat animation brings the conflict to life like never before. Total War has never been so ferocious or realistic.
The Medieval 2 grand campaign will hand you the reins of one of an emerging faction as you set about sweeping throughout Europe, conquering all before you. Expand your borders and develop your lands for wealth and prosperity by building cities or swell your army by constructing vast castles to protect your land and keep your rivals quaking with fear.
Use Princesses for diplomatic gain, Priests to spread the influence of your religious beliefs and Merchants to fill your coffers for your war effort. All the time the Pope and the Papal States watch over the Christian world, assessing the strength of your faith and making demands to prove your loyalty. Do you cater to his whims and avoid excommunication or plot his downfall and rig the papal elections to place your own Pope in power-
Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms
- Real-Time Battles On a Massive Scale
- A legion of more than 250 new and unique units split over 21 factions, each with their own new special abilities that open up a wealth of intuitive battlefield tactics
- Advanced Combat System: Zoom to the frontline and witness the fast, visceral melee combat enhanced by new spectacular battlefield animations. Troops block and parry attack moves and string together deadly combo attacks and finishing moves before scanning the battlefield for their next kill
- New Explosive Sieges: Embark on spectacular siege battles as huge armies and fearsome siege machines rumble into action. Devastating cannon, pummel imposing defences of fully destructible cities and castles before setting them aflame under the night sky
- Advanced Lighting and Richer Environments: A newly enhanced graphics engine brings the battlefield environment to life like never before. The stunningly realistic landscapes feature detailed vegetation with sprawling settlements. Newly detailed dynamic weather effects beat down on new terrain types illuminated by enhanced lighting that captures every glint and spark as arms and armour clash under a gleaming sun
- Enhanced Multiplayer Battles: New multiplayer battle modes will ease the player's passage to the battlefield and keep the online conflict raging
- A New All-Conquering Campaign: A huge campaign spanning from the years 1080-1530, that will take the player beyond the first Crusade up until the dawn of the renaissance. An extended campaign map will allow passage to South and Central America bringing the player into battle with the Aztecs
- New Settlement Types
Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms will feature 4 brand new campaigns, including an opportunity to more fully explore The New World that was unlocked toward the end of Medieval II. In the Americas campaign, players will be able to retrace the steps of Hernán Cortés in 1519, as he seeks to explore and conquer The New World. Players can earn the support of Spain and explore the mystery and riches of the New World, or take control of the Aztec or Native American factions and call on the Gods and the bravery of vast armies to see off this new threat.
Three other campaigns will offer more detailed “magnifying glass” campaigns within Great Britain, Northern Europe and the Holy Land, with many more regions than were originally shown in Medieval II. Featuring 13 new playable factions and over 150 new units, Kingdoms will allow players to control thousands of men on a single battlefield and lead them into conflict with new hero characters such as Richard The Lionheart and Saladin, each armed with new, powerful battlefield abilities. In addition, players will use moated forts to garrison vast armies or seize control of key strategic points and explore new technology trees, governed by religion and prestige.
Players can experience a bloody clash between pagans and Christians in the Northern European Teutonic Wars, or take control of one of 5 factions in the Britannia campaign when England faces war on 4 fronts as once conquered lands rise up against them. Kingdoms will also include a new expanded Crusades campaign, where players renew their fight for control of the Holy Lands, with new factions, devastating new units (such as the terrifying Greek Flame Thrower), legendary heroes and powerful holy relics.
- More than 75 hours of epic new gameplay.
- Four huge new campaigns: Britannia, The Crusades, The Teutonic Wars and The Americas.
- 13 new playable factions, including Aztec and Native American factions.
- Over 150 new units, including the devastating Greek Flamethrower.
- Follow in the steps of Hernán Cortés and explore a vastly expanded New World map.
- Open up a wide array of new regions in the Americas, plus four brand new factions and a cast of new agent characters.
- Experience unprecedented detail, including 30 regions of Britain and a region map of Teutonic Europe.
- Control multiple armies in battle - command reinforcement armies.
- New hero characters feature powerful battlefield abilities. Encounter a huge roster of new historical characters and events.
- Build permanent forts to garrison troops or seize control of key strategic points.
- New technology trees influenced by religion and prestige.
- Take on all-new mission types.
- Six new multiplayer scenarios and 20 new custom battle maps.
- Two players can now share a campaign with the new Hotseat multiplayer mode.