I'm really surprised by the other reviews here. I've played 5–6 MMO's (EQ, EQ2,WOW, EVE, Guildwars, D&D, Phantasy Star, AOC…etc) – and this by far ranks as the worst.
I had read reviews on other game sites – mostly angry at how little Sony & Lucasarts had done for this game.
But it was on special and I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan (with R2D2 ringtones to boot) … so why not?!
Here's why not – this is not KOTR… this is a cheaply made “me too” MMO
– The game is poorly made
- The textures are dull and cheap, the physics are screwed.
- Attacks and weapons just ignore the level, they go through objects walls what ever.
- Sprites and NPCs seem to move through walls & objects fairly commonly
- Zone changes are a joke! e.g. it's supposed to be an elevator. You walk into a box and then load in the next level (which looks fairly identical) how about some elevator noises, or make it look like it's moving, or something/anything to make a token effort. – not just load a new screen. Just cheap.
- And story line? Hardly. It doesn't describe a story or a universe. This game is ‘grind’ missions from the first 5 minutes. “Hi you are a jedi – go kill 10 of these in the next room”
This game is just buggy… and the problems are obvious and lazy. Considering SWG is over 5 years old, MMO's regularly update weekly, this game has numerous expansion packs to fix things… There is no excuse!
A total waste of money and an insult to Star War's fans