is an updated version of the original Sacred game and includes many new features.
Sacred is a huge world, full of incredible magic and ancient myth.
Expect a unique fantasy RPG adventure! An in-depth storyline and plenty of opportunities which will not only inspire the role-player but also the action orientated fan. Sacred delivers battles, a vast range of quests, and a story filled game.
The player can choose from 6 playable characters, each with their own individual characteristics and style. The more reserved role-players might prefer the Battlemage or the Wood Elf, while admirers of traditional fantasy characters can take on the role of the Gladiator or the Dark Elf. If the player fancies a different approach then the Seraphim, a follower of the mystical Angels, or perhaps the bloodthirsty Vampiress might clench their thirst.
In order to give the player a fast introduction into Sacred the starting position of the game also acts as a Tutorial area. Upon leaving this zone, Sacred opens up to almost limitless exploration.
Sacred's interface concentrates on user friendliness and allows the player to give their complete attention to the game events. The interface allows for the quick exchange of weapons and armor, as well as special combat moves and spells, allowing all to be implemented tactically.
Sacred does not have a barren and empty landscape but is filled with life. In the forests, marshes, deserts, catacombs, villages and towns you'll find helpful settlers, faithful "hirelings", and animals. Adventurers should also be aware of cruel, vicious and devious monsters, the Undead, thieves and raiders, amongst others.
- Epic story line with over 30 main missions and 200 sub-quests and random quests.
- Freedom of exploration! More than 70% of the world is open to exploration at the beginning of the game. The remaining 30% gets unlocked as the story progresses.
- 16 different regions including forestland, ice covered landscapes, mountains, deserts, catacombs, etc.
- Six uniquely playable characters, which differ in fighting style, special skills, magic and character design.
- Two of the characters, the Seraphim and the Vampiress are characters which are completely new and give a new experience to RPG fans.
- Horseback combat - Heroes can use magic, close-combat and ranged weapons whilst riding.
- The ability to combine combat skills and magic to create player-designed "Special-Moves".
- Blacksmiths combine gems, rings and other special items to produce stronger weapons and armor. These items can also later be removed to be added to other weapons or armor.
- Keep your character! Start a new game on a higher difficulty level and use the same character, complete with experience and all items collected.
- Two Multiplayer game modes: Co-operative and Hack 'n' Slay.
- Multiplayer modes include both internet and LAN support for up to 16 players.