The NIV Study Bible, featuring Dr. D.A. Carson as general editor, is built on the truth of Scripture and centred on the gospel message. An ambitious and comprehensive undertaking, Dr. Carson, with committee members Dr. T. Desmond Alexander, Dr. Richard S. Hess, Dr. Douglas J. Moo, and Dr. Andrew David Naselli, along with a team of over 60 contributors from a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives, crafted all-new study notes and other study tools to present a biblical theology of God's special revelation in the Scriptures. To further aid the readers' understanding of the Bible, also included are full-colour maps, charts, photos and diagrams. In addition, a single-column setting of the Bible text provides maximum readability.
The accessible and fresh interior design will capture your attention and enhance your study experience.
- Over 60 scholarly contributors
- Over 1.2 million words of new content
- Over 3,000 pages packed with in-depth study tools
- Nearly 20,000 all-new, comprehensive verse-by-verse study notes
- Customised, theologically rich, illustrated book introductions
- 6 section introductions to literary genres ("The Pentateuch," "The Historical Books," etc.)
- Full-color interior with extensive use of over 60 colourful charts, over 90 maps, and hundreds of photos
- Comprehensive library of over 30 articles by award-winning scholars on topics such as "The Bible and Theology," "The Glory of God," "Covenant," "Love and Grace," and more
- Cross-reference system
- Complete text of the New International Version (US English)
- Concordance with over 35,000 Scripture references
Dr. D.A. Carson, General Editor, is research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. He is the president and a founding member of the Gospel Coalition. Has served as assistant pastor and pastor and has done itinerant ministry in Canada and the United Kingdom. Dr. Carson is a sought-after teacher, author, and an active guest lecturer in academic and church settings around the world. Dr. Carson received the Bachelor of Science in chemistry from McGill University, the Master of Divinity from Central Baptist Seminary in Toronto, and the Doctor of Philosophy in New Testament from the University of Cambridge. He has written or edited nearly 60 books, many of which have been translated into Chinese.
Dr. T. Desmond Alexander, Associate Editor, is senior lecturer in Biblical Studies and director of Postgraduate Studies at Union Theological College, Belfast. For ten years, he had been director of Christian Training for the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
Dr. Richard Hess, Associate Editor, is Earl S. Kalland Professor of Old Testament and Semitic Languages at Denver Seminary. He is also the editor of the Denver Journal, the Seminary's online theological review journal, and the Bulletin for Biblical Research.
Dr. Douglas J. Moo, Associate Editor, is a New Testament scholar who, after teaching for more than twenty years at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Illinois, has served as Blanchard Professor of New Testament at the Wheaton College Graduate School since 2000.
Dr. Andrew David Naselli, Assistant Editor, is assistant professor of New Testament and biblical theology at Bethlehem College and Seminary in Minneapolis