I had pre ordered this game about a month ago and was really looking forward to the release date coming up. A few days before I thought I would have a look on IGN etc to see what the verdict was. I was shocked and a bit worried to find that they had given the game poor ratings and basically had only negative feedback about it. However, many personal reviews had been really positive and so I wasnt really sure what to think.
Hoping for the best, I was still happy on release date last friday. Thankfully I was not disappointed.
- The controls are great and not too hard to pick up. I particularly like the use of the D-pad for passing, making it easy to run plays how you want to.
- Charging through the defenders under the hoop and then dunking is actually very satisfying
- The graphics look good when in play
- The hot spot concept works well, you soon get to know which of your players are best shooting from different parts of the court
- Up to 4 player multiplayer offline and 6 player online! I am yet to play online but the lack of a friend code system has to be a good start!!
- Family Play control scheme and also in-game tips from your chosen Mii makes this game very easy for beginners but with the advanced controls and difficulty settings, makes for a very challenging game when you are ready
- Sound track is great
- A bit gutted that there is no Create-a-Player function
- Graphics could be a bit better
- Backcourt violation rule doesnt seem to work?
Overall this game is very fun and also addictive but with a little more work could have been a truly great game