The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar Collector's Edition will contain:
- Exclusive Figurine
- Exclusive In-Game Item
- Head start on commercial launch
- Exclusive Lord of the Rings Stickers
- Window Sticker
- Other items TBD
The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar allows players to discover their heroic destiny in the ongoing struggle for Middle-earth. Players of all levels will explore incredibly detailed realms and join familiar Tolkien characters in an evolving and persistent recreation of Tolkien’s beloved world. They will face the dangers Frodo and the Fellowship left behind when they began their epic journey to destroy the One Ring. Gamers can adventure solo or forge their own fellowships online with others, as they face hideous monsters and minions of Sauron, establish unique reputations, fight epic battles to defend Middle-earth, and immerse themselves in the greatest adventure of our time.
From the far corners of Eriador in Middle-earth, new adventurers are coming forward to face the growing evil in the west. The forces of Mordor are mobilizing, the Nazgül hunt for the One Ring, and the land itself is in peril. Into this world come new adventurers: Men, Dwarves, Elves and even Hobbits. Working together in small and large groups, they will explore the world, and drive back the forces of Sauron. Or build their home and hearth. Or toss back a friendly pint at the local inn, accompanied by song and tale. Or craft mithril swords for others to wield. For this is the world of Middle-earth, your home in the world of Tolkien.
- Experience Classic Tolkien: Meet famous characters like Gandalf and the Fellowship. Explore legendary locations like the Prancing Pony and Rivendell! Battle deadly enemies, including Nazgûl, Trolls, and Uruk-Hai!
- Defeat the Shadows of Angmar: Join with the Fellowship and fight against the forces of Sauron. Confront the forces of the Nazgûl Witch-king in the North. Protect the Shire and root out evil on Weathertop.
- Explore Ancient Lands: Journey through Middle-earth to collect valuable Tolkien lore, knowledge, and artifacts that bring your hero greater powers. Complete ambitious quests of courage and exploration that bestow compelling character traits.
- Create a unique character: Adventure as a Man, Elf, Dwarf or Hobbit. After choosing where your character hails from, select region-appropriate color palettes for skin, hair, eye color, and more. Equip yourself with items like sturdy Dwarven armor, intricate Elven mail, or weapons created with the knowledge of past Ages. Choose one of seven classes: deal massive damage as a Champion, protect your fellowship as a Guardian, beguile your enemies as a Burglar, or try a Captain, Hunter, Minstrel, or Lore-master.
- As your character advances and grows, customize it using Traits – interchangeable abilities which modify your character's skills to give you greater control over its specializations. Gain new Trait slots by leveling, and unlock new Traits by completing Accomplishments.
- Fight alone or with other players: With hundreds of hours of gameplay, there's plenty to do in LOTRO as a solo player or in a fellowship. Follow the storyline on your own or form a fellowship with other players for epic battles against creatures like Orcs, Wights, and even Balrogs. Coordinated fellowships can use group combo moves to do incredible damage, heal their fellowship, or restore their energy – how they harness the power of a combo is entirely up to them to decide! LOTRO will also include a consensual Player vs. Player combat system (details forthcoming), allowing players to fight against each other for glory and honor!
- Create items both legendary and mundane: Farm in the Shire or forge weapons and armor in Thorin's Halls. Players can craft arms for the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron, or enjoy more peaceful activities like cooking and farming. Those who dedicate themselves to becoming master crafters can create legendary items of unsurpassed quality.
- Dramatic sequences: LOTRO offers an expansive, open world, and incorporates cinematic technology to present the player with movie-like sequences which further the storyline. Experience epic challenges like the depths of the Great Barrow, the siege of Fornost and the battle to retake Weathertop.
- Interact with others: Meet and socialize with thousands of other players and fans of J.R.R. Tolkien's works. Relax at the Prancing Pony in Bree, the Green Dragon Inn in the Shire, or any of the many other social centers throughout the land. Express yourself through emotes and chat – wave hello, bow, or dance with a friend!
- Journey through Middle-earth: Experience an epic storyline through hundreds of quests created as a companion to The Lord of the Rings. Adventure in familiar areas as well as new ones, created for the game, which were only briefly touched on by J.R.R. Tolkien in his master works. Experience Middle-earth as never before as you swim the Brandywine River or make your way through the mists of the Old Forest. Turbine, working closely with Tolkien Enterprises, has created what Gamedaily calls "...a must have title for fans of Tolkien lore."