Loco-mania is a simulation of a train dispatcher - a very important person who has control over a large railway network with many trains in it. The player controls switches and train directions with the intent to get the trains through the system as fast as possible. Effectively clearing trains out of the railway system improves the player's score, which eventually leads to more difficult maps becoming available to him.
In the retail version of the game there are 9 maps sorted in increasing difficulty. The maps are inspired mostly by European landscape and are not based on real railway tracks.
- Players control switches, semaphores and directions of trains. The camera is Tycoon-style.
- 3D detailed environment with effects like steam, chimney smoke, rotating wheels, realtime lighting and shadows, simulation of weather effects and daylight, faint rain, snowing, streetlights, low-altitude clouds hovering above the landscape and more...
- There are 9 maps sorted in increasing difficulty. Additional levels (map packs) will be available for download from this website.
- All train models are based on real trains. There are 21 locos (steam-powered, electric and diesel) and 25 carriages.
- Most game objects have realistic sounds. There's a background music for each map.
- Tutorial will teach you the elementary controls and strategy.
Windows 98/Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
1.0 Ghz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
256 MB RAM (512MB for XP)
4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
Approx. 500 MB free hard disk space
32 MB 3D accelerated video card with support for Vertex and Pixel shader 1.1 (nVidia GeForce4+ or ATI)