Industry Tycoon 2 - This brand-new business simulation starts in America at the turn of the 19th to the 20th century. Trade and economy range from the rise of industrial revolution to the age of information technologies. The player, as in Industry Giant, again takes over the role of an super-entrepreneur, trying to establish a global organization by managing the buying of resources, processing products, logistics and sales. As expected, this successor offers significantly more than the first Industry Giant.
- For the first time, the player has the option to interact with his/her opponent; play as a team or play against each other.
- The player faces a significantly wider range of resources and final products, including resources which depend on weather.
- Seasonal demand for products require the player to carefully plan storage for finished goods.
- The exchange of goods can only be managed via storage. The information on how much is available can be retrieved by the player at all times. This provides better control over the product cycle.
- These product cycles can be interrupted, meaning that wheat can be grown and sold without further processes. This makes it easier for beginners.
- Over 50 means of transportation; from simple coaches to trucks and steam-engines, to locomotives, and of course a wide range of ships.
- Differing climates bring changes to the game-play and add to the complexity of strategic planning.
- Detailed buildings and vehicles; with transparent smoke.