In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community has been denied the truth about the teenager’s recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort. Fearing that Hogwarts’ venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort’s return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defence5 Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge’s Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves “Dumbledore’s Army,” Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.
- Explore the Hogwarts from the movie and discover its magical secrets using the gesture-based spell casting system. Talk to the portraits, complete their missions and gain passwords for shortcuts around Hogwarts. The player can interact with virtually everything they come across, gain discovery points and unlock secrets in the Room of Rewards.
- Find and recruit the members of Dumbledore’s Army. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’s nonlinear gameplay allow the player to choose where they go, what they do and when they do it, within the magical surroundings of Hogwarts.
- Complete side-missions for teachers and attend Herbology, Charms, Transfiguration and Potions classes to earn O.W.L. grades. Achieving “Outstanding” opens secret areas of the castle!!
- Compete in Exploding Snap, Gobstones and Wizard Chess games throughout Hogwarts and challenge the best from each house.
- Play the key moments from the movie, from the Dementor attack in Little Whinging to the ferocious battles at the Ministry of Magic. Experience the most authentic-to-the-movie game experience in Harry Potter videogame history: the castle is built from the same blueprints used to build the movie sets; actual movie assets were referenced to create a more authentic feel; many of the movie’s actors have been head scanned and contribute their actual character voices; and the key Harry Potter music theme can be heard in this videogame.
- Fly Fred and George out of Hogwarts as they escape Umbridge’s regime. Play as Sirius Black to protect Harry as you confront Bellatrix Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy in the Ministry of Magic. Play as Dumbledore in his momentous final confrontation with Voldemort.
- The Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix videogame fully supports next generation graphics, control pads and mouse. All controls are fully configurable as are graphics options. The PC game is also available as a downloadable version from EA Link.