In Gary Grigsby’s World At War, you have complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side. At your disposal are the full air, land and sea forces of each power, with each unit rated in a variety of researchable areas.
Take command in this dynamic, turn-based strategy game of World War II that puts you in the role of some of the most legendary leaders of history. Two tutorials and several campaign scenarios let you learn the system quickly and start fighting the whole war or a smaller part of it.
Gary Grigsby's World at War takes the second world war and places you at the helm of one of five possible powers: The Western Allies, China, Russia, Germany, or Japan. Command your army and coordinate your attacks. Gain supplies, resources, and factories to fuel your war machine. Manage your supplies and supply lines to ensure you have the resources necessary to capture territories and press your attacks. Gary Grigsby's World at War has been hailed as an elegant and accessible game design with adjustable realism and detail; where the difficulty can be tailored to your specific level and your opponents range from a challenging computer AI to up to four other human players.
Gary Grigsby's World at War takes you through four World War II scenarios where five playable powers battle across thirty-eight different countries with fifteen different unit types. Each unit type has up to fourteen attributes, which you can upgrade through careful research of new technology during the war. The design covers everything from strategic movement to cold weather, nuclear weapons, special historical events and even managing supply lines in the advanced mode of the game. With a top-notch AI, Play-by-Email capability, and two in depth tutorials, World at War will make you a general in a day but keep you occupied year round.
- Four full-length scenarios (Spring ’40, Summer ’41, Spring ’42, Summer ’43) lasting to the end of the war
- Five playable forces (Germany, Japan, the Soviet Union, the Western Allies, and China) and 38 different countries
- Over 350 areas on a sprawling world map
- Command fifteen different combat units in the air, on the land, and at sea, as well as infrastructure and supply units
- Each unit has up to 14 attributes, most of which can be improved through research and development
- Rules that cover strategic movement, forts, cold weather zones, airborne attack, amphibious invasions, partisans, militia, and many other features
- Fog of War rules that hide enemy units and production
- Supply rules that can be set to provide a common pool for all units to draw from, or the creation of field units that must accompany the armies
- PBEM playability for two to five players
- Challenging AI that offers a unique gaming experience
- Ability to automate either or both the Production and Research functions
- An in-depth tutorial that smoothly integrates the player with the game
Windows 2000, XP
Direct X 9c
Video: 1024x768 or higher, 32 Video RAM (128 Mb Recommended)
CPU: 800 MHz Processor (2 GHz Recommended)
Memory: 512 Mb RAM (1 GB Recommended)
8 x CD-ROM
500 MB free Hard Drive Space
16 bit Direct Sound compatible Soundcard