Football Manager™ 2007 boasts many new features which are revolutionary not only for the game, but for the entire sports management genre.
Whilst Football Manager™ 2007 adds more to the game than ever before, it is also easier to use, navigate and control and all the options are more obvious to players. Players have the option to get involved in every asset of management, but can also rely on their club staff for help and advice. There are over 100 new features and below are highlights of some of the features that were recently revealed.
• More User Friendly: New skins, clearer icons, vidi printer with current news and important info. Over 300 hints and tips for both experienced and new players, updated tutorial, snapshot screen appears more often with more options and is user-configurable. Customisable bookmarks and keyboard shortcuts enable much quicker navigation around the interface. More sections are multi-core optimised and hyper-threaded to speed up the game and a high level of optimisation allows more active leagues in the game so more jobs become available across the world without slowing down the game. Fully caters for players with both the latest machines and those with older ones. Gives more info to the player than ever before, including better feedback from assistant managers, agents recommend positions for exchanging players in transfer deals and the option to back up saved games before a new one is saved has been added. Basic and advanced set up modes for starting a new game and adding a manager with easy to use wizards, the database editor is also easier and quicker to use and multiple database support has been added to reduce the hassle of adding database updates. Network games have now become a lot easier with more optimisation and the addition of screen ‘remembering’ making for greater game speed. Additionally there is the new challenge of starting with a randomly selected team – now done automatically as well as the ability to have dual nationalities.
• Scouting improvements: now offers a much more realistic outlook on the football world, addition of a simple star rating system for current and potential ability allows you to quickly understand your scouts views on players – plus the addition of a scout report card which now includes personality info, their current happiness at the club, the kind of fee you’d need to pay to get them, and whether they are likely to join you and stay in the long term. Scouts have knowledge bases of certain areas so you need to give them the opportunity to learn about new areas or simply use them in areas where they are already experts. Scouting the next opposition is radically improved to give you some genuine tactical guidance. Finally - the board may choose to place a restriction on the amount of staff you can have to prevent cheating your way to the top.
- Feeder Clubs - Brand new to Football Manager 2007, and one of the most requested features on Sports Interactive’s forums has been the addition of feeder clubs to the game. This new addition works in all the ways you would expect it to in real life. You can establish your club as the small team who receives loan players from a larger club or a large club looking for support getting your youngsters match experience by loaning them out. Have the first option on players from clubs, and schedule pre-arranged friendlies each season by simply asking your board for a feeder relationship and choose from the list they compile.
- Youth Revamp - A complete revamp of youth teams sees full youth squads for each team that has a youth set-up, thus giving a much better system for the regeneration of players in the long term game.
- User Friendly – Football Manager? 2007 gives players a new easier to use default skin, along with hints and tips throughout the game, and an improved tutorial. In addition to better feedback from your assistant manager and scouts as well as lots more media, customisation and multiple row selection, all this adds up to the most user friendly Sports Interactive game ever.
- Scouting Revamp - A complete revamp of the scouting system inside the game leads to more information about players and teams being made available to managers, as well as a more realistic methodology for player scouting. This system allows scouts to grow and improve their knowledge-base of the world’s football players.
- Player Interaction - You can now talk to any player in the world via the media. Player interaction allows you to tap up other teams stars or see if players will buckle under the pressure. An effective manager must use the media as a motivational tool - why not praise your own players in many different ways or shout at them for loss of form?
- Team Talks - For more varied ways to talk to your team, SI have worked hard to deliver vastly improved team talks at half and full time. Not only this, but pre-match team talks will now be making their first appearance in Football Manager - so you can send your team out onto the pitch with a specific briefing.