Don’t get confused. There’s a lot of "virtual pet" gadgets and screen toys on the market that claim to be the real thing. But only Creatures gives you the opportunity to take part in one of the largest-ever experiments in artificial life. You can breed your own life forms called Norns who live on the Capillata space ship. Because they have neural network brains, Norns can be taught right from wrong, but because they have their own personalities, they may not always do what you want them to do. Share or exchange Norns through the docking station, which connects to the Internet.
- Raise and train a troop of cuddly, virtual-life creatures
- Name them, teach them how to speak and become independent
- Interact with your Norns, feed them and help them survive in a hostile world
- Play with your Norns as they explore the amazing spaceships they live in
- Breed your favorites and see their genes and characteristics transmitted to the next generation
- Play with their DNA and mix them with other species
- Each Creature comes with its own biochemistry, brains, and digital DNA, each one is unique
- Six separate environments on the Ark, each with its own ecology, weather, and dangers
- Also includes the Capillata with even more environments, cool devices, and possibilities
- A huge world to explore, enemies to fight, machines to build
- Features cool machines, plants, and animals like you've never imagined
- Join a huge community of users--chat, discuss, exchange Creatures and machines
Far back in the mists of time, the ancient race of Shee left Albia, in search of a new home, in a huge spaceship, the Ark. The Shee were not known for their timekeeping skills, and when the ship left, one Shee scientist was left behind on an empty planet. He’d been working on a new method for traveling from place to place and only noticed that the others had left when he was satisfied that his new device was fully functional.
He decided he had to follow the rest of the Shee and show them what they had missed, so he built a new living spaceship which he called Capillata.
And then, the last of the Shee traveled on, in his eternal quest for the Shee. Time is a funny thing, however. One day it’s moving along in a dependable straight line and then, Bam!, all of a sudden it takes a sharp turn or does a loop. When the Capillata finally caught up with the Shee spaceship that had left one thousand years earlier, it was deserted. Apparently, the Grendels had attacked during the flight and the Shee escaped to their new planet’s surface and abandoned the spaceship in orbit. How long had it been here?
The spaceship remains, with its new "attachment", and with your help the remaining Norns can thrive. But watch out for the Grendels, a vicious breed of nasty animals intent on hurting your Norns or even stealing their eggs! To help you you’ll find advanced machines, all of which can be plugged together to make huge automated devices. The bridge and engineering contain an encyclopedic range of gadgets to help you protect your Norns. But watch out, even in a virtual universe, there’s real danger!