Automotive Drivetrain and Manual Transmissions, published as part of the CDX Master Automotive Technician Series, equips students for diagnosing, servicing, and repairing modern drivetrain systems and components. Utilizing a "strategy-based diagnostics" approach, this text helps students master the process of technical troubleshooting to successfully resolve the problem on the first attempt.
* Outcome focused with clear objectives, assessments, and seamless integration with tasksheets
* Covers every component of the driveline system-including driveshafts, axles, differentials, clutches, transfer cases, and transmissions-in logical, understandable modules
* Offers in-depth, detailed instructions on driveline and differential repairs, transaxle repairs, and manual transmission repairs
* Addresses the latest technology, including new torque vectoring systems and electronic torque management
* Provides complete coverage of traction control systems and 4WD theory, operation, maintenance, and repair
* Outlines steps for Noise, Vibration, & Harshness testing and diagnosis
* Offers instructors an intuitive, methodical course structure with helpful support tools
Pairing essential theory with practical advice, Automotive Drivetrain and Manual Transmissions prepares students for ASE certification and success working in the drivetrain portion of the automotive industry.