Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals
, the biggest expansion pack to date for the hugely popular, award-winning Zoo Tycoon 2, lets gamers bring animals that once roamed the Earth back to life. With new challenges and more than 30 new animals, players can create environments the creatures once lived in and learn about times that date back to the Ice Age.
- Impressive never-before-seen animals. “Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals” features more than 30 new animals, ranging from the adorable dodo bird to the dangerous saber-toothed cat, and more than 10 new dinosaurs, such as the T. rex and stegosaurus, for the ultimate zoo experience.
- New gameplay. With exciting new ways to play, “Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals” challenges players to recover escaped dinosaurs, with the new first-person tranquilizer mode. Players can also search for hidden fossils around the zoo, build animal fossils and create new extinct animals in the Extinct Research Lab.
- A whole new look. Aspiring paleontologists can now customize their zoos with new maps and extinct-themed buildings such as the Extinct Research Lab, Fossil Education Center and Cave Painting Hall. Other extinct-themed objects are new foliage, glaciers, cavemen and a brachiosaurus slide for kids.
- New characters. Paleontologists are available to help gamers look for fossils, while entertainers dress in costumes, perform shows and keep guests happy.
- Interactive educational entertainment. Children and parents can broaden their knowledge of the animal kingdom to improve their zookeeping skills. The exclusive Zoopedia, with excerpts from Encarta, as first introduced in “Zoo Tycoon 2,” provides interesting facts, allowing gamers to uncover each animal’s specific dietary and habitat needs.
- Easy to learn and play. “Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals” seamlessly integrates with “Zoo Tycoon 2” so gamers can play immediately. An interactive tutorial teaches players how to build and manage the ultimate zoo.