Updated to run under Windows XP/Vista.
Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria
is a fantasy turn-based strategy game in which players build heroes - their main characters - as battles progress, gaining new skills, spells, and levels, and ultimately becoming the mightiest force in the Realms of Etheria! Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria
features a brand new engine, and introduces players to a new level of resolving battles with the addition of tactical battles.
- STS: Speed Tactical System - Innovative new combat resolution system which greatly speeds up combat and allows unit control of traditional tactical combat systems without the micromanagement of movement of units and terrain effects.
- Terrain - All new lush 3D rendered height-mapped terrain. Dozens of terrain and animation effects.
- Persistent Heroes - Your hero improves after every battle, and the same hero can be used in campaign, skirmish or multiplayer. There are a huge number of development options for a hero.
- Enhanced Computer AI - The proprietary AI gives you unparalleled and incredibly cunning opponents.
- A New Campaign - Choose any hero and any side to battle over the whole of Etheria with our new open-ended, dynamic, non-linear Campaign. Fight duels, beat off invasions, capture territory and use your hard-won cash to purchase powerful magical artifacts.
- Unique Multiplayer Features: STS combat will allow faster gameplay for both allied play and free-for-all (up to 8 players) over the Internet.
- Ten Different Sides - Ten unique sides all feature their own tech-trees, buildings, units, and playing styles.
Spells - Automated combat casting and high quality graphical effects .
- Almost 120 Different Units - That's a huge number of fantasy creatures and Heroes for a strategy game.
- CD Quality Orchestral Score - Almost half an hour of original Celtic/orchestral music provides a soundtrack to your epic accomplishments.
- Victory Conditions - The game offers a wide variety of victory conditions and scripted victory events in both single and multiplayer.