Following the successful UFO: Aftermath and UFO: Aftershock, UFO: Afterlight
will improve the current game type and interface and extend the current storyline of the series. CENEGA PUBLISHING and ALTAR Games are looking forward to bring more hours of quality entertainment to UFO fans and all potential players.
As its predecessors, UFO: Afterlight
is a mixture of squad based tactical action and global strategy with the gamer controlling the actions of elite ground troops, and the running and construction of an intricate network of interlinking bases while collecting resources.
takes us to Mars, where a human colony has been built with the help of the Reticulans not long before the events of UFO: Aftershock took place. Mars base is self-sustainable and provides all the necessities for survival of humans on a foreign planet, mainly breathable air, water, food. Although the people inhabiting this colony have the technologies and knowledge required for their further development, basic survival is their major concern. Their only activity is the research of a nearby excavation site, which proves the existence of an ancient intelligent and highly developed alien civilization.
The player will enter the game when the research drastically affects all Mars inhabitants. New and unexpected enemies appear in the form of robots, built centuries ago by the unknown aliens for their protection, whose purpose is to eliminate any traces of other civilizations on Mars.
Humans on Mars now have a good reason for their own development, even though not knowing yet that the planetary self-defense mechanism might not be the worst awaiting them, and that their unintentional opening of hyperspace gates will bring an even bigger enemy right to their door. After all attempts to contact the Earth Laputa fail, the colonists are left with no other choice than to fight the enemies with their own means, or be annihilated.
- Combination of global strategy and tactical missions
- Strong RPG elements, the player knows his team by names
- New enemies and new alien races with variable weapons and battle tactics
- Friendly interface and easy orientation in the game, useful information available at time and place where needed
- Advanced tactical part of the game with the possibility to enter buildings, thermo visions and more
- Player must adapt his tactics during the game as the enemies change and grow stronger, hardly two missions are the same
- Hostile environment requiring the use of different types of spacesuits
- Opportunity to mind-control your enemies and use psionic abilities
- Improved and transparent construction and building management
- Several character classes with different attributes, skills and trainings