Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is the character defining action-adventure
where a young and inexperienced Lara Croft transforms into a hardened survivor.
This fully re-built version for PlayStation 4 system and Xbox One features an
obsessively detailed Lara and a fully realized lifelike world.
Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high definition detail:
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with
every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of
Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware
- The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world
simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
- All texture resolutions have been created at 4× resolution for maximum
resolution and detail
- In-game characters, enemies and destructability have been enhanced for added
depth and realism
- Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically
accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
- Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the
beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory
- The PlayStation 4’s Dualshock 4 controller lights up red and orange when
using the torch, and quick flashes when Lara is shooting. The PlayStation
4 version also allows you to stream Tomb Raider to the PlayStation Vita.
The Definitive Edition of the award-winning action-adventure includes all of
the original downloadable content, plus digital versions of the Dark Horse
comic, digital mini art book and the Final Hours developer videos.
Tomb Raider is an Action-Adventure game that introduces players to the origin
of one of the most identifiable video games icons of all-time, Lara Croft. The
game features a blend of survival, stealth, melee and ranged combat, and
exploration gameplay as a young Lara Croft is forced to push herself past her
known limits to survive and unravel the dark history of a forgotten island. In
the process she will unlock the adventurer within her. Additional game features
include: weapons both familiar and new, upgradable items, a variety of play
environments, and human and animal enemies.