Listed at #1 in Halliwell's Top 1000 countdown of the world's best cinema, and voted among the five best films ever made in Sight and Sound magazine's ten yearly poll of critics worldwide, Tokyo Story is prehaps the most powerful reflection on the human condition ever committed to celluloid.
When an elderly couple travel to a rapidly-rebuilding Tokyo to visit their children, they are met with unexpected indifference, ingratitude and selfishness. As the vastly different priorities of pre- and post-war Japan collide, Yasujiro Ozu's materpiece deepens into a sublime meditation on family, ambition and mortality. Considered by many to be the greatest film ever made, Tokyo Story is a subtle yet overwhelmingly emotional drama from one of Japan's finest directors whose masterful eye and scrupulous attention to character has influenced countless filmmakers around the world
- Digitally restored and remastered film
- Stills Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TOKYO GA, Wim Wenders' rarely-seen documentary: In 1985, the German director, moved by the films of Yasujiro Ozu, travelled to Japan hoping to find the Tokyo of Ozu's films. TOKYO GA is the result of that search.
- Deleted scenes from TOKYO GA
- Liner notes by Australian film scholar Freda Freiberg
- 1.85 : 1
- Dolby Digital Mono
- Region 4
- Standard Edition
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!