Celebrating over 100 years of cinema in Australia!
THE STORY OF THE KELLY GANG is considered the first narrative feature film ever made. Filmed outside Melbourne when the Kelly legend was still fresh, it was believed lost for many years. The National Film & Sound Archive and the BFI have restored parts of the original 1906 film to create an amazing package, which includes two commentaries on the national and worldwide significance of the film, alongside soundtracks and a variety of viewing modes.
- Specially produced monograph on the restoration and importance of the film by Kelly historians Ina Bertrand and Bill Routt
- Australian commentary by Senior Moving Image Curator Graham Shirley
- International commentary by Professor Ian Christie
- Traditional Piano soundtrack by Mauro Colombis
- New experimental soundtrack composed by Endorphin
- Expanded 31 minute study version of the film including intertitles and still images
- Conversation between Sally Jackson and Graham Shirley discussing the restoration
- Image gallery
- Region 4
- Standard Edition
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!