using standard courier delivery
The Professional Communications Toolkit presents a compelling new vision of communication that offers little-known and amazingly effective techniques for the novice speaker and stage-savvy pro. Author D. Joel Whalen provides practical, research-based tools that apply to all professional communication, including engaging in one-on-one conversations, speaking at small staff meetings, and delivering a keynote address to a ballroom full of people.
* Provides a dynamic modern approach: Includes a vivid conceptualization of the exact nature of business communication - what it is and how to do it well in the 21st Century
* Avoids academic tone and jargon: Written to be accessible and make the material come alive for students
* Offers a chapter on visual tools for communication: Step-by-step instructions are given for building high-impact PowerPoint slides, mastering e-mail communication, and leaving clear voice mail messages
* Enhances discussion of managing speech anxiety: The causes, symptoms, and methods for managing anxiety, including mind-body techniques, are thoroughly examined
* Includes a special article on performance anxiety: A contribution from Corey Goldstein, M.D., a nationally recognized expert on performance anxiety, offers additional help and techniques for managing debilitating anxiety
Joel Whalen is Academic Director of the Kellstadt Center Sales Leadership Program at Chicago's DePaul University (since 1986). He is an Associate Professor of Marketing and holds a Ph.D. in Marketing Com-munications (Florida State University '86). Dr. Whalen has been listed by Who's Who in America and Men of Distinction, Cambridge, England. He is a Sales and Sales Management Fellow of the American Marketing Association. The Ernst & Young Entrepreneurship Foundation named him Entrepreneur of the Year, and he is a member of the Entrepreneur Hall of Fame. Joel has received numerous awards for outstanding teaching. After 10 years of study, experimentation, and innovation, in cooperation with companies, associations, and thousands of DePaul students, Joel discovered the core psychological, attitudinal, and behavioral drivers behind effective, professional communication. He created a series of exercises that have helped people become more masterful communicators. In workshops and classes throughout the U.S., Australia, and Thailand, Dr. Whalen gives thousands of people the tools they need. Dr. Whalen has an extensive background in sales and advertising. As a salesperson and sales manager, he consistently set all-time sales records. Joel has received numerous advertising awards for creative television and radio commer-cials, including an award for one of the first television commercials created by a computer. In Florida politics, Whalen was communications advisor to several successful, statewide political campaigns. Dr. Whalen is the author of I See What You Mean, Sage Publications. He has published articles in: Psychology & Marketing Journal of Business Research Journal of Business Ethics Design Management Journal Journal of Educational & Psychological Measurement Journal of Promotions Management Joel has been interviewed by national and international press including:l CBS NBC ABC PBS NPR's Marketplace Advertising Age Atlanta Constitution Chicago Tribune Chicago Sun Times Christian Science Monitor Financial Times of London Playboy Time The Australian Broadcasting Company (ABC)