A practical, `user-friendly' guide to the issues and methods associated with text and discourse analysis. Text and Discourse Analysis:
* examines a wide variety of authentic texts including news stories, adverts, novels, official forms, instruction manuals and textbooks
* contains numerous practical activities
* looks at a range of cohesive devices
* concludes by looking at larger patterns in texts, a set of further exercises and a guide for further reading
* provides a hands-on guide to an area of growing importance in language study.