Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - for the first time on next-generation console systems - allows players to become the Terminator Series signature icon, Arnold Schwarzenegger as the original Terminator. This marks the first time Schwarzenegger's voice and likeness has ever appeared in a home video game.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines features exclusive film footage created specifically for the release of the video game and not available in the motion picture. Filmed by director Jonathan Mostow, this five minute segment features Arnold Schwarzenegger and sheds new light on the mythology behind the origins of the Terminator. In addition, footage from the feature film is also used liberally throughout the game to set up key situations and story-related game elements.
The Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines game storyline weaves in and out of the movie script as players face enemies from the present in which the War of the Machines looms on the horizon, to the apocalyptic future where the War itself is waged on all fronts. While following the feature film's plot closely, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines goes one step further by providing fans of the Terminator series with a deeper look into the movie's universe and the role of the Terminator, a futuristic fighting machine reprogrammed to save humanity from the SkyNet holocaust.
* A unique twist in the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines story also allows players to operate the Terminator before it was reprogrammed in the future to save John Connor. As a result, players are able to test their terminating skills against battle-hardened Tech Com special forces from the future
* As the Terminator, players face all-comers in first-person action from the wastelands of the future to present-day Los Angeles.
* Military bases, laboratories and downtown Los Angeles are just a few of the more than 20 unique locations found in the game, which have been taken straight from the current Terminator timeline of events.
* More than 20 futuristic and modern-day weapons are at the player's disposal for use in terminating any enemy in the most efficient manner possible, including the SkyNet Arc-Laser, Tech-Com Micro Rocket Launcher and the AR-15 Assault Rifle with M202 Grenade Launcher.
* Engage in true movie-like Terminator combat as they repeatedly face the ultimate killing machine, the T-X, throughout the single-player game. Smashing opponents into walls, massive two-handed chops and crushing kicks are just a few of the dozens of moves in the Terminator's arsenal.