Superman - The Movie: (4 Disc Set)
Unable to convince the ruling council of Krypton that their world will destroy itself soon, scientist Jor-El takes drastic measures to preserve the Kryptonian race: He sends his infant son Kal-El to Earth. There, gaining great powers under Earth's yellow sun, he will become a champion of truth and justice. Raised by the Kents, an elderly farm couple, Clark Kent learns that his abilities must be used for good. The adult Clark travels to Metropolis, where he becomes a mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet...and a caped wonder whose amazing feats stun the city: Superman! Meanwhile, Lex Luthor, the world's greatest criminal mind, is plotting the greatest evil plan of all time. Can even the Man of Steel stop this nefarious scheme?
Superman II: (3 Disc Set)
Unwittingly released from Phantom Zone imprisonment, three super-powered Kryptonian criminals (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas and Jack O’Halloran) plan to enslave Earth – just when Superman (Christopher Reeve) decides to show a more romantic side to Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). Gene Hackman (as Lex Luthor) also returns from the first film and with a top supporting cast, witty Richard Lester direction and visuals that astound and delight, Superman II saves the day any day you watch it.
Also includes The Richard Donner Cut which will delight fans who, for years, have been imploring Warner Home Video via voluminous numbers of petitions, letters, phone calls and e-mails to release the Donner cut. In fact, Donner had already shot most of the Superman II footage during Superman: The Movie. But as production on the sequel continued, creative differences between the director and the film’s producers became irreconcilable and Donner left the project. Although Richard Lester was hired to finish production, he chose to make major changes to the film, leaving only vestiges of Donner’s original vision and concepts in the version of Superman II that was ultimately released to theaters. Now, nearly thirty years later, Warner Home Video is honored to grant the wishes of countless Superman fans. With this DVD release, Richard Donner has become the first director in history to be able to complete a film he left during production with nearly all his footage “in the can.” Adding back a substantial amount of that unused footage, the director has seen his original vision restored and brought to fruition. Most notably, the “Donner cut” restores the Marlon Brando role, filmed for, but not included in the final theatrical release version of Superman II. The legendary Brando’s performance as Jor-El has finally been restored in key scenes that amplify Superman lore and deepen the profound relationship between father and son.With so many other changes, large and small, including a variety of Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) schemes to unmask Clark Kent as Superman, this Superman II will prove to be an eye-opening experience and an important addition to film history.
After Superman: The Movie’s epic storytelling and Superman II’s awesome battles, how could the first two hits be topped? In Superman III, meet Gus Gorman (Richard Pryor), a half-witted computer programming natural. For him a keyboard is a weapon – and Superman faces the microelectronic menace of his life. Christopher Reeve reprises his most beloved role, deepening his character’s human side as Clark Kent reunites with old flame Lana Lang (Annette O’Toole) at a Smallville High class reunion. And when Superman becomes his own worst enemy after Kryptonite exposure, Reeve pulls off both roles with dazzling skill. Incredible visual effects abound – but above all it has heart, heroism and high-flying humor. All in superabundance.
Superman IV - The Quest For Peace:
Christopher Reeve not only dons the title hero’s cape for the fourth time but also helped develop the movie’s provocative theme: nuclear disarmament. “For me, it’s the most personal of the entire series,” Reeve said. “It directly reflects what Superman should be, and should be doing.” Superman does a lot this time around. To make the world safe for nuclear arms merchants, Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) creates a new being to challenge the Man of Steel: the radiation-charged Nuclear Man (Mark Pillow). The two foes clash in an explosive extravaganza that sees Superman save the Statue of Liberty, plug a volcanic eruption of Mount Etna and rebuild the demolished Great Wall of China.
Superman Returns: (2 Disc Set)
Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure, Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world’s most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman (Brandon Routh) faces the heartbreaking realisation that the woman he loves, Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth), has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman’s bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.
Look, Up In The Sky! - The Amazing Story of Superman:
A two-hour documentary commissioned by Superman Returns director Bryan Singer that details the history of the Superman franchise.
You Will Believe - The Making of a Saga:
All-new six-part documentary about the original theatrical franchise.
Forging the Man of Steel - Superman in the media, and the challenges the Salkinds faced
Creating the Vision - creating the right script, choosing the right director and casting the right actors
Believe - the production and launch of a new kind of fantasy film
Crisis - complications and conflicts between the creative forces behind Superman II
Downfall - criticisms and burnout of Superman III and Superman IV
Legacy - filmmakers, writers and artists reflect
- Collectible Tin Set with bellyband
- Transparent plastic O-Ring packaging with lenticular tips
- Foil-enhanced box
- Chapter Booklet
- DC Comics Booklet
- One-Sheet Mail-In Coupon
- Bonus New Documentaries (The Mythology of Superman, The Science of Superman, Remembering Christopher Reeve)
- Original 1978 theatrical version with soundtrack in Dolby Digital 5.1
- Commentary by producer Pierre Spengler and executive producer Ilya Salkind
- Music-only audio track
- 2000 expanded edition movie with commentary by director Richard Donner and creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz
- Taking Flight: The Development of Superman documentary
- Making Superman - Filming the Legend documentary
- The Magic Behind the Cape
- Screen tests
- Gag reels
- The Making of Superman - The Movie Vintage TV Special
- 1951 Movie Superman and the Mole-Men starring George Reeves
- 9 1940s Fleischer Studios Superman cartoons mastered from superior vault elements
- Theatrical Cut of the movie with commentary by director Richard Lester and producers Pierre Spengler and Ilya Salkind
- The Making of Superman II Vintage TV Special
- Superman 50th Anniversary Vintage TV Special
- First Flight - The Fleischer Superman Series new featurette
- 8 Famous Studios Superman cartoons mastered from superior vault elements
- Director Richard Donner's cut featuring a different beginning and resolution with never-before-seen footage of Marlon Brando and Margot Kidder
- Commentary by director Richard Donner and creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz
- Superman II - Restoring the Vision new featurette
- Commentary by producers Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
- The Making of Superman III Vintage TV Special
- Additional scenes
- Commentary by screenwriters Lawrence Konner and Mark Rosenthal
- Superman IV The Missing Scenes featurette that examines and recreates the original tested version
- Requiem for Krypton - Making Superman Returns
- Secret Origins and First Issues - Crystallizing Superman
- The Crystal Method - Designing Superman
- Shooting Superman - Superman on the Farm
- Shooting Superman – Superman in the City
- Shooting Superman – Superman in Trouble
- The Joy of Lex - Menacing Superman
- Wrapping Superman
- Deleted Scenes (includes audio introduction from director Bryan Singer)
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer
- Electronic Arts Game Trailer
- Region 4
- Collector's Edition
- Box Set
- 1.78 : 1
- Dolby Digital Surround 5.1
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!